Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cherry Almond Chicken Salad


My photography skills are pretty limited, but when it comes to chicken salad, they completely disappear. However, if you are looking for a cold salad to spread on a couple pieces of toast for lunch, this is quite yummy and good for you.

I brought this to work yesterday for my lunch and was happy I did -definitely better than another fast-food breakfast burrito and those preserved apple slices.

Oh, and just a fair warning, I am driving home to Florida next week, which means I will be going through Georgia. There might be a pecan or peach week in the near future. Or I might actually control myself for once. We'll see.

Cherry Almond Chicken Salad
2 chicken breasts (6oz each or so), boiled and chopped/shredded
½ cup greek yogurt, or more to preference
⅓ cup tamari almonds, chopped
⅔ cup fresh bing cherries, pitted and stemmed and chopped
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 dash onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Suggested, pieces of whole wheat toast for chicken salad sandwiches

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl. Chill. Spread on bread, if you want a sandwich. Ta Da.

No comments:

Post a Comment