Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shoe Tying Cake


Mmmm, chocolate cake for 4-6 people. Yum.
No left overs, so no temptation to eat it for breakfast the next day (that may seem sad, but your body will thank you if you go for the oatmeal rather than the cake).




What was the occasion? Well, it was a very important week in the life of the little girl I babysit -she learned how to tie her shoes all by herself! To celebrate, she and I made a chocolate cake. She has been asking for one for the past 3 months or so, so it seemed fitting to finally make one in honor of such a milestone.


This was my first time frosting a cake and I wasn't really in the mood for a heavy butter cream frosting, so I made a whipped cream frosting. It added a cool and light touch to the cake, since the cake was a little dense (it probably would have fared very well with a butter cream, actually).

I am forever in search of the lightest cake ever, one that simply melts in your mouth and you barely know it's on your tongue. I believe I will try a chiffon cake next time in an attempt to achieve my cake nirvana. I spent probably half an hour reading up on chiffon cakes today. Who knew that they have only been around a few decades? Some guy in California came up with them. They are supposedly a mix between a sponge cake and an angel food cake. I am excited.

Let me know if you need a cake for a party, it will give me the perfect excuse to try a chiffon cake. Oh, and please buy me a bundt pan to make it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment