Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pumpkin French Toast (for one)



Ok, so I am about to go to bed because I spent all day at work and then fought off sleep to go to the gym for a bit, but I really wanted to throw this up on the blog. It's not a true recipe, but it's a good base to leap off of if you are looking for something that really says "It's almost fall!"
Also, it's Sunday, which means I take special care to have something delicious for breakfast while reading the Sunday paper and looking at all the ads -I just had to share this with ya'll.

To have this edible piece of fall for your very own, all you need is to mix one beaten egg, a tablespoon of milk, a dash each of cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg, and a 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree.
Thoroughly soak two or three 1" slices of french bread (I used whole wheat) in the mixture, then place in a frying pan over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve smothered with pecans and REAL maple syrup (none of that fake stuff!).
Also, the maple syrup is not optional, as I did not put any sugar in the egg mixture. If you want to skip the maple syrup though, be sure to add some sugar in the mixture.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment