Saturday, September 17, 2011

I love my veggies!

So all this crisp weather got me a little excited when I went to the farmers' market to pick up my oxtails. I came back with many fruits and veggies that I had not planned to buy: apples, peaches, peppers, eggplants, pumpkin, tomatoes, asparagus, just to name a few.

This will be a good week at my house. Definitely thinking to buy some chardonnay and glorify those peaches with a sabayon sauce. Perhaps some eggplant parmesan and apple crisp will also be in order? Only time will tell.

Oh, and if you are wondering what I am going to do with those oxtails, the answer is that they will sit in the freezer for a bit, until I really need some home-made comfort, and then I will "sprinkle" them over my vegetable beef soup. They work like magic in soup! Mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment