Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Black Eyed Pea Salad

What did I do with my entire day, you ask? Why, I made dinner for 30 people with options for gluten-free, vegetarian, raw, and vegan persons in under 3 hours, clean up of the kitchen included.
I think that deserves an olympic medal, just saying. Or at least, my face on the front of the wheaties box, right?
Anyway, this salad is pretty darn delicious and soooo simple and so good for you! I love the way the colors pop. I mean, the stuff looks like candy, it's so bright. It was part of the smorgasbord of options that I made for the 30-person dinner =).

*Thanks to my neighbor for giving me this recipe*

Black Eyed Pea Salad
Makes 12 servings

1green bell pepper
2 red bell peppers
1 orange bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 large red onion
2 (16oz) bags of frozen black eyed peas, thawed

1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon regular mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Chop peppers and onion, mix in a large bowl. Add peas, stir.
In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the oils, vinegar, mustards, and salt and pepper. Pour over pea mixture and stir/mix to combine. Serve immediately or chill in fridge before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment