Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yummy Leftovers

Through trial and error, I found that spaghetti squash gratin does not re-heat well. But I hate wasting food, so I had to find some way to use it up w/o forcing myself to eat something unappealing. Eating an appealing food is like an unforgivable sin, in my opinion. I mean, your body only needs so many calories per day, why waste them on nasty tasting things?
A frittata was the perfect answer. Yummy, full of protein and calcium, this frittata was the perfect post-run lunch when paired with 2 slices of buttered, homemade wheat bread.


Let's Make Leftovers Yummy Frittata
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup left over spaghetti squash gratin
3 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
Optional: a few left over spaghetti noodles

Whisk all ingredients together and pour into a small, non-stick fry pan over medium heat.
Let cook until thick/solid enough to flip, no longer bubbling, and cooked almost all the way through (will have a nice brown "crust" on the bottom, but not charred). Flip, then cook the now-bottom-side until browned a bit (as in picture). Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment