Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Delight



While looking through some old (1960's and 70's) cookbooks that my roommate and her mom found while antiquing, I came across this recipe. I had to try it. I mean, it's called "Pumpkin Delight." It's the perfect season to try such things, even if it means using a cake mix. This recipe ends up being almost like pumpkin pie filling, topped with something like a a thick, sweet, pecan-studded crust/shortbread. I highly recommend it if you are looking for an easy dessert to serve to a group

Pumpkin Delight
1 (29 oz.) Can Pumpkin 
1 (13 oz.) Can Evaporated Milk 
1 Cup Sugar 
¼ teas. Pumpkin Pie Spice 
½ teas. Cinnamon 
3 Eggs 
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix 
1 Cup Pecans (chopped) 
1 Cup Butter or Margarine (melted)
Beat together pumpkin, milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and eggs. Pour into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture, then sprinkle on pecans. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Chill. Cut into squares, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. sounds tasty! It really is pumpkin season! I'm enjoying it. you should try making pumpkin rosemary soup. a friend of mine made it from a baking pumpkin. it was really good.

    ps. I like your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pumpkin rosemary sounds good, though I was kinda feeling the pumpkin sage with white beans... =P

    ReplyDelete