Sunday, May 29, 2011

Peach Mint Breakfast Shake

Yes, this shake is in a coffee mug thing because I have yet to buy real glasses. However, despite the fact that I don't have real glasses, I do have white and red and champagne glasses, in addition to 3 nalgene water bottles.

I went to the farmers' market after the early church service this morning and was inspired by all of the peaches and the overabundance of mint in my herb garden, so I made this for my roomie and me when I got home. I also picked up some organic, locally grown chicken thighs that she and I will find something to do with, even with our partially-destroyed kitchen (leaking pipes have rotted the wall where the stove and oven are hooked up).

Peach Mint Breakfast Shake
Serves 2 (not terribly hungry) people

1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 peaches, pitted and sliced/chopped
2 sprigs of fresh spearmint leaves, chopped

Mix all ingredients together in a blender, enjoy!

Hint: I think a little bit of lime juice and maybe some ginger and/or coconut would be delicious in this. Or, instead of vanilla yogurt, substitute chocolate chip mint ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment