Monday, December 27, 2010

After The Holiday


The breakfast that I made my mother on Christmas morning: gingerbread waffles, turkey sausage, and fresh orange juice (not pictured).

Christmas dinner, minus the rolls that were still in the oven: corn pudding, green bean casserole, candied yams, ham, sauce for the ham, banana pudding.

-------

Christmas was a bit crazy, but it went well over all. I put together the green bean casserole, candied yams, corn pudding, and banana pudding on Christmas Eve, then transported them to my dad's and cooked them there Christmas morning. I also made the ham and heated up the frozen rolls (everything else was entirely from scratch, I deserved a break on the rolls) at my dad's house too.

My sister gave me the prettiest red apron with off-white polka dots and lace, my dad gave me a classy necklace with fake pearls, and my mom gave me a pastry blender, pastry cloth, and 12-inch oven and stove top safe fry pan. At least my family is embracing my current obsession.

Anyway, I am currently waiting for my mom's non-boyfriend to pick me up and take me to the oral surgeon so I can have all four of my molars removed, oh joy. I haven't been able to eat anything since 10pm last night and it is now 9:30am -it's killing me. I am so hungry. Also, I will not be able to eat practically anything for 3 days or so and probably will not be well enough to cook either.

I am preparing by setting up my station on the couch. My camera, several issues of The Economist, and my PC are beside the couch, along with the sheep icepack that my sister brought back from her trip to New Zealand that is just waiting to be filled with the ice from the freezer. Of course, the large and confusing TV remote is also there. I ordinarily dislike TV, but even I will admit that it is a source of worthy entertainment when I am feeling absolutely awful for multiple days

No comments:

Post a Comment